Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CAFE SAVANNA - ROGERSVILLE, AL

Today's Southern Day Trippers expedition carried us to the town of Rogersville, Al.  A wonderful friend of mine, Siobhan Holt, told me to check out this coffee shop.  She said it was very nice.  We went down today to have lunch at a quaint coffee shop that has been  hiding away from us for quite a while and I was just recently told about. 

It is nestled in the downtown streets of Rogersville.  It is CAFE SAVANNA.  It is a very pretty little coffee and sandwich shop that has some very good food and some southern hospitality all rolled into one.  They have wonderful coffee drinks and awesome lunches. :)


Chelsea and Nicklas waiting on their lunch. 



BAR TO SIT AT AND EAT 



As we were going in to eat on this particular occasion we ran into the Mayor of Anderson, AL.,
Mr. B.J. Tully who told us that the CAFE SAVANNA was pretty famous for their chicken salad.  My friend, Siobhan had also told me that I had to try their chicken salad, so...........  

I decided right then that I would be having the chicken salad, and of course I knew I wanted their broccoli salad to go with it.


CHICKEN SALAD WITH BROCCOLI SALAD
This is the grilled cheese sandwich and it was WONDERFUL !!!!

They have strawberry pretzel salad, but I found out it is only served on Fridays.  That is fine I will wait until a Friday to come back for that....IT IS THAT GOOD!!!!

The shop itself is really cute.....They have it decorated nicely. 

There is a beautiful mural painted on the wall outside in a patio where you can sit outside when it is pretty weather. 

Good food, good service  -- What more can you ask for.   

                        GO VISIT THEM IN DOWNTOWN ROGERSVILLE........
TELL THEM THAT -- SOUTHERN DAY TRIPPERS -- SENT YA!!!!!!!




No comments: