Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DISH - FLORENCE, AL



Today as I started out for a dental appointment to   
         Tuscumbia.  The skies were overcast

 ....and it was misting rain......

After the dental appointment that actually went quite well, I decided that I was not going to let the overcast skies dampen my day and get me down. 

I wanted to find a unique treasure today.  I wanted to do find another rare jewel to add to my list of good places to eat.  

I needed a light lunch and a bright unique atmosphere

I  opted to stop by at Walgreen's in Florence and asked a female employee there about a good place to eat.  She, in turn, directed me to a very nice guy, Michael Powell.   


I told him I wanted like chicken salad, broccoli salad-- that kind of lunch. 


He told me to check out -- 

"DISH"


He told me to take a right on Court Street, go past Rigatoni's and take the next left.    
DISH is located on the right. 


What a treasure this place was to find.  

HOW DID MICHAEL POWELL KNOW THAT 
"DISH" 
WAS THE JEWEL THAT I WAS SEEKING ?  


It was quaint and cozy.  They have a beautiful  mural painted on the wall.  It is totally gorgeous.   

Dish is a gourmet cafe.  They serve only the freshest ingredients.  The food was wonderfully fresh.  They have takeout, delivery and dine in.  
They also cater for events. 

They serve salads and sandwiches. 

 

I ordered the special of the day, which was 
Indian Summer Salad and it was YUMMY!!!!!!


Indian Summer Salad -
It had mixed greens, grilled chicken, applewood bacon, golden raisins, bleu cheese crumbles, and a fruit salsa made with peaches, plums, and strawberries. It had a key lime vinaigrette.

I also tried their cheesecake and it was YUMMY!!!


The atmosphere was GREAT and the service was WONDERFUL!!!!!


I'm sure I will be making a return visit  :)

YOU NEED TO GO VISIT "DISH"

MEET UP WITH SOME FRIENDS 

or

TAKE A GOOD BOOK AND GRAB SOME GOOD FOOD
and enjoy this amazing atmosphere!!!!

Open at 11 AM
Monday -Friday


Be sure to tell them when you visit that Lisa from SOUTHERN DAY TRIPPERS sent you..

I had the opportunity to meet the owners and they are very nice ladies.  Be sure you tell them HELLO...


CHECK THEM OUT ON FACEBOOK

Their address:
118 West Mobile Street
Florence, AL 35630
Phone (256) 766 2414
Fax (256) 766 2612

Open at 11 AM
Monday -Friday

No comments: