Monday, September 12, 2011

HATTON HIGH SCHOOL, Hatton, AL

Today we set our sights on a community....the community of Hatton.  It is a place full of love and pride.  This is a place that is near and dear to my heart.  The dreams and hopes of young people in this community were decided in the walls of this wonderful high school.  The teachers that taught in these classrooms were an inspiration to us all.  We didn't think so then; however, we were too young to realize just how important they were in our lives.



This is the home of the Hatton Hornets - MY ALMA MATER. 




Hatton High School
Home of the Hatton Hornets
6909 Alabama Highway 101
Town Creek  AL  35672




I traveled to this place at this time to make some pictures of my alma mater because before long the old building that I once walked will be torn down and replaced by a new building.


I understand that progress has to be made and this is the way of life.


It will not be easy to say goodbye to this old building that holds many years of laughter, and tears. 
We built friendships here, and bonds that have held fast over the years.


PLEASE SEE THE IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END OF BLOG!!

GO HATTON HORNETS!!!!


This is a familiar place on the school campus.  Me and a group of friends used to sit here during break.  


This is me and my oldest son, Nicklas.  He started to school at Hatton Elementary School.  He still considers himself a Hatton Hornet; he finished up his school life in Athens, AL and  graduated at Athens High School as an Athens Eagle.


Check out the article in the TIMES DAILY regarding the tearing down of the building.  Another article is supposed to be coming up regarding the OPEN HOUSE soon. 



IMPORTANT NOTE: 
***There will be an OPEN HOUSE for anyone who wants to take pictures and remember old times :)   This will take place October 27th at 5pm-6:45 PM.
Hatton will be playing East Lawrence that night beginning at 7pm.
***Come and make it a NIGHT TO REMEMBER***


Check out the group page for any alumni wanting to know about the OPEN HOUSE. 


1 comment:

asouthernsunset said...

Lisa, I LOVE your blog, and have so enjoyed it. I scrolled waaay back, and each post was so interesting. I just happened to notice your comment on our Hatton/Wolf Springs fb page, and I am so glad I checked it out! I really enjoy the blogging world, but have neglected my lil' southernsunset blog, terribly. Just wanted to let you know that I found your blog, and will put it on my blog roll, if you don't mind.
Donna (Beck) King aka Yaya at asouthernsunset.blogspot.com